2015 Favourites

23:47

Hi Everyone


So here I am writing my first official blog post! I have seen a lot of these posts around the Internet recently and I would like to take part in the action. I decided that to tell you about all the things I have loved in 2015 so I suppose we better get started.


Skin Care


My first favourite is the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit facial scrub. At the start of this year, I had deep blocked pores leaving my skin kinda bumpy and I felt really insecure as it just looked like I suffered with bad acne. I read on line that this was supposed to do wonders and oh my god I 100% agree with the reviews it has been given. It is so nurturing on the skin. It really goes deep on your skin and a little goes along way in my opinion. Its smell divine and that is always a plus for me. It normally costs €6 in Superdrug but my local one is doing a promotion at the minute 2 for €7.45 which is a complete bargain.
Courtesy of superdrug.com

Another product that I found did wonders for my skin is Superdrug's Deep Action Deep Cleansing Lotion. It claims to deeply cleanse and fight spots and refresh and tighten pores and I completely agree. The first time you use it, you feel as though your face is on fire but that's just a sign that it is working. I saw results from day 1 and that is always good in a product. It costs about €3-€4 so its not too bad on the pocket.


I was a bit late on joining the craze of the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish but I love it. For anyone still unaware of what it is, it is a hot cloth cleanser that you use to remove your make up. It smells amazing and I have found it has helped clear up my spots.It leaves my skin feeling so soft afterwards because of its ingredients. It is a bit on the pricey side costing €18 a bottle but most drug stores do a dupe for it. Feelunique.com sometimes do promotions on the product and that is where I got mine.



Make Up


Around January, I recently found the Sleek i Divine Oh So Special eye shadow palette. I had always heard that Sleek's eye shadows were brilliant so I decided to give them ago. They are very pigmented so a little goes a long way. I love how the colours Organza, Gateaux and Gift Box look together and if I'm looking for a darker feel I would use Glitz or Celebrate in my crease. The colours last all night and it is definitely worth the money. Its on offer in Boots at the minute for €10.49 which is so good for a good palette.  





A concealer that I fell in love with was Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection. I would use this on dark circles and spots and it would hide the redness and circles. Its a creamy consistency which I like. Costing €5.49 in Boots its perfect for an everyday concealer. 


This was something that I picked up just by chance and it was the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation. I was in Superdrug where a 3 for 2 was on and that's how I picked it up.  It normally costs €10.99. I love it in the winter time and it gives my skin a healthy glow. I have wore this on sunny days too but because there's glitter pigments in it to make you look more awake, I felt as though I was a walking disco ball and that it made me look like I had oily skin. I have since bought the concealer and I would use it if I am wearing this foundation. It costs more than the collection one at €6.99. 

At the start of the year, my Mum decided to treat me with the Benefit Roller Lash. I am one of these girls who adore have nice long fluttery lashes and this does the trick for me. It doesn't leave them too clumpy or heavy but it is build able.  It is a bit pricey costing €26 from Boots but the Maybelline Lash Sensational is an amazing dupe for this product and leaves nearly the same results costing €11.99. 
This year was the year I fell in love with Mac! It all started with the Mac Pro Longwear Waterproof Foundation. This product is so nice on the skin and is medium coverage. It is lovely on a night out with a bit of highlighter and contouring. It cost me €32 and I would never buy any other going out foundation. I come home and my foundation would still be intact which can be a good thing for me as I love to dance when I'm out. 

On my way to Spain during the summer I then picked up the Mac Frosted Lipstick in Creme de la Femme. Its such a nice candyfloss pink but is neutral at the same time. It only cost me €16 in duty free but I believe it is €20 from Brown Thomas. 


This Christmas I decided to cave in and buy the Rimmel Kate Moss 107. It is such a nice red shade. I felt that it was perfect for Christmas. The only fault I would only have with it is the wearing power isn't great if you are like me and like to have a drink or two on a night out but I have wore this during the day and it has lasted for ages so it depends on when you want to wear it. At €6.99 you couldn't go wrong. 

Random Bits

2015 was the year that I fell in love with Tayto Smokey Bacon. I'm just so typically Irish! These crisps were what I survived on last year! If you haven't tried them I recommend you to!  

Red BPM and Coke have also been my favourite drinks of 2015! I don't know why but I always feel myself craving one or the other.

Now for a healthy option after all that crap but I love raspberries too! I love the fruity taste from them but also the kinda sourness from them. I could eat a bucket of them a day if I could! 

Candles were another love of mine. I have burned so many candles this year it's ridiculous. My favourite had to be Penneys Frosted Marshmallow. I only bought the small one at the time but I now regret not buying the full size but fingers crossed they bring it back next Christmas!

Youtube has also been a big favourite of mine. I love watching vlogs and beauty videos. I really love watching Zoella, Tanya Burr, Sprinkle of Glitter, VelvetGh0st, SophieLouiseBeauty and many many more. They bring a smile to my face and help clear my head after a stressful day at college. 

I also love reading other peoples blogs and my favourite ones to read would be SoSueMe, the Fashion Chair and many more Irish bloggers. These women are so talented and deserve all the success in the world.




Well I think that's all my favourites for one year. If you have made it this far you deserve a pat on the back. Feel free to leave me any requests or questions over on my Twitter or email me on beautybloggingbox@gmail.com. 

See you all in my next blog post x

Love Erica  



All pictures have been taken from Google Images and all rights go to the owners 


















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts